Are you a part of great events? Of course! That is why you are an ILEA member. Do you want to show the world how great your events are? Sure you do! Are you wondering how you do that? This is how you show your clients, and the rest of the world how great your work is…win an ILEA Denver Excellence Award!
The ILEA Denver Excellence Awards are a mark of excellence that you can show your clients. Winners stand out from amongst their competition. Awards are a testament to the quality and innovation that you bring to your events. And once you’ve prepared for an IDEA, you are ready to submit for other ILEA awards like the Esprit.
See the Form to Enter now: IDEA Submissions 2017
Programs submitted for the 2017 ILEA Denver Excellence Awards must have occurred between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
Only ILEA Denver Members in good standing as of April 30, 2017 are eligible to submit for the ILEA Denver Excellence Awards. The winners of any category are based on merit as determined by the judges and are not based on the number of entries received in that category.
Deadline: Sunday, April 30, 2017
Start early! Below are some steps and suggestions to think about when preparing your entries.
□ Identify the programs you feel are award worthy. (see all of the categories)
□ Begin the written description as early as possible.
- Plan out a timeline – example: answer one section a day; it’ll help make completing the entry less daunting.
- Give yourself extra time – don’t wait until the last minute!
□ Be concise with your descriptions and be sure it will make sense to someone who didn’t work on the event (i.e. the event professional who will judge your entry).
□ Collect support materials throughout the process. These materials may include:
- Include overall shots and detail shots. Focus in on the elements you plan to highlight in your entry. Your photographs should tell the story of your event!
- Floor Plans
- Printed Collateral
□ Find something that sets you apart – what makes your event special and note-worthy?
- What were the unique challenges?
- Don’t say your challenge was just a small budget unless you can give a great description of how the budget was unreasonable and how you overcame that.
- Don’t say that your objective was to create an “unforgettable” event. That’s too general; everyone says that!
□ Follow the rules to avoid disqualification
- Be careful to remove client and vendor names/logos from your entry. Be sure to check your photos and production schedules
- Do not combine multiple photos into one image. Do not embed excess photos in your write-up. Stay within the limits for collateral material.
□ Review your entry before submitting
- Spell check!
- Proofread multiple times.
- Ask a colleague to review your entry for feedback and a fresh set of eyes.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org