EVENT SALES MANAGER
The Mission of Four Mile Historic Park is to educate a diverse community through experiences which promote preservation, interpretation and enjoyment of Denver’s western heritage. The Event Sales Manager is responsible for the promotion and sales of events at the Park to provide sustainable funding for Park operations. In addition to sales of the venue, the Event Sales Manager is also responsible for the planning and execution of internal events. The Event Sales Manager must be a person with at least 3 years of experience in the event sales industry.
Solicits and closes business with potential clients, meeting the financial goals of Four Mile Historic Park. Prepares proposals, leads venue tours, and educates potential clients in the Parks policies and procedures. Also insures that payment for sales is collected on a timely basis.
Conceptualize, implement, and manage all internal events using creativity to execute the vision of events to meet funding, attendance, and strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
1. Solicit new business through event inquiries, vendor referrals, industry relationships, our website, emails and calls. Demonstrate and promote a positive attitude that represents Four Mile Historic Park’s image in the most favorable light.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with event planners and other event professionals to promote business at the Park. Cultivate partnerships with vendors and corporate sponsors that will enhance Park events.
3. Join and attend networking groups to connect with peers and “spread the word” about Four Mile Historic Park. This may include other industry associations (NACE, ILEA, MPI, etc.)
4. Book potential clients for tours or a meeting to introduce them to the Park and build proposals for weddings, corporate events, non-profit events, etc.
5. Collect all deposits and payments in the approved time frames for the event type.
6. Communicate with clients effectively and as needed during the planning process for their event in a timely and professional manner including a walk-through of the site with the client as appropriate. Ensure all proper permitting, insurance, and other regulatory requirements are met by responsible parties prior to event dates. Update all shared Four Mile staff resources to mitigate any conflicts in the scheduling and execution of events.
7. Hire and train event managers in overseeing events from start to finish, customer relations, and Park policies and procedures.
8. Attend your events. Ensure that the promises made are kept in detail and that the client is having the memorable experience they deserve.
9. Perform post-event follow-up with clients to express our appreciation for their business and ask for future referrals. Remember to send Thank You notes.
10. Attend and help coordinate Marketing Events (shows, open tours, etc.) to promote Four Mile Historic Park to potential clients, vendors, and industry professionals.
11. Oversee and update appropriate marketing materials for event sales and marketing needs.
12. Assist in Social Media and Web Presence (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to promote sales and Park events.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
The Employee shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been met or exceeded:
1. Special event/sales revenue meets annual goals, which are reported out to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
2. Participation in networking events and meetings with clients and vendors matches assigned schedule.
3. Social media promotion, blog content, and other forms of venue and event promotion are timely and consistent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Communication and Negotiation Skills
Ability to negotiate with potential clients to book events. The ability to read and interpret professional journals and sales procedures. Ability to write proposals and client or business correspondence. Ability to ask for the close and payment. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from potential clients. Ability to plan and execute internal heritage and/or promotional events from start to finish.
Ability to accurately calculate all aspects of catering, vendor, and sponsor proposals and ensure all elements are included. Ability to read about, calculate, comprehend and respond to mathematical reports demonstrating successful sales and special event revenue accomplishments.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to adapt performance on the fly when successful event delivery requires it.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry or operate items used in catered and special events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually indoors in a clean, well-lighted, office environment, but will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts; periods of successive lifting; and both inside and outside conditions (all weather) when on the job site. The noise level in the venue can be moderate to high and events may be very noisy.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
Full-time, 40 hours/week on a flexible schedule to accommodate regular weekend and after- hours work. Hours are generally Monday – Friday. May require irregular hours (evenings, weekends). Salary range is $40,000-45,000 with a 5% commission on venue sales. Vacation, sick time, and a retirement plan (Simple IRA) contribution match are included.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Hiniker at laurah@fourmilePark.org. No phone calls please.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Four Mile Historic Park is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.