What are the ILEA Denver Excellence Awards (IDEA)?
The IDEAs program is designed to acknowledge the extraordinary efforts, performance and outstanding contributions of ILEA members in the special events industry. Winners to be recognized at the 8th Annual Awards Gala on June 20, 2017.
Who can enter the awards?
Any ILEA member in good standing on or before April 30th, 2017 is eligible to enter.
What are the categories?
Events in this category may include, but are not limited to, general session opener, award ceremonies, company celebrations, employee or client appreciation celebrations, etc.
Note: Events entered in wedding categories may not be cross entered in corporate, non-profit or social categories.
**The entry should include both a meeting and special event component.
Why should I enter?
By entering the IDEAs competition, you showcase your caliber of work. Entries are judged by industry peers and the awards reflect your talent and help your company stand apart from the competition. IDEAs demonstrate to your clients the exceptional quality that you and your company have achieved.
Who judges the Awards?
In order to maintain fairness in the judging, the IDEAs are submitted anonymously. They are judged by an ILEA Chapter with no affiliations to our Denver Chapter. Scores are returned to ILEA Denver and totaled to determine winners in each award category.
How do I enter?
Be sure to follow all of the rules and submit your entry by the noted deadline. All entries must be for events that occurred between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Deadline is April 30, 2017 and must be accompanied by a fee of $60.00 per entry. We will stop accepting applications after April 30, 2017.
What are the most common reasons for disqualification?
If you follow the step-by-step instructions and category-specific guidelines, your entry will be valid. Most common mistakes include: mentioning entrant’s name, company name, or company logo in the entry or in collateral materials; incomplete budgets; excess collateral material; and missing material or information.
Where and when are the IDEAs presented?
ILEA Denver will recognize the outstanding accomplishments of ILEA event professionals at the 2017 Annual Dinner and Awards Gala on June 20, 2017. Formal invitation to follow.
What if I have questions?
Please read the Call for Entries thoroughly, but should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Choose a Category
- Choose a category and entry type
- The entry fee is $60.00 per single entry.
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT PAYMENT
Step 2: Complete Your Entry Submission
- Complete the online entry form for each entry (enter here)
Step 3: Begin Assembling Your Entry/ies
- ALL names, company names, and logos must be removed from the entry, including the collateral pieces.
Step 4: Compose Entry Preview
- 100 words (or less) overview.
Step 5: Complete All CATEGORY SPECIFIC Sections
Step 6: Submitting Your Entry
- Entries Due: The DEADLINE for submissions is ON or BEFORE midnight on Sunday, April 30th, 2017.
- Awards will be presented at the ILEA Denver Annual Dinner and Awards Gala on June 20, 2017.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Before submitting your entry, please be sure that you have met all of the following criteria:
- The following criteria are used to judge entries and ensure fairness in judging. Failure to follow directions will result in disqualification!
- NOTE: This checklist is only a reminder of the rules – more complete information about these rules can be found in the submission requirements portion of the call for entries.
General Entry Requirements
- The event took place between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Events that were conducted after December 31, 2016 are eligible for next year’s competition.
- You are an ILEA member in good standing as of April 30, 2017.
Entries – General
- Each entry submitted via ILEA Denver Website.
- Your name, company name, and company logo have been removed from the entry.
- All requested collateral pieces are included.
- Please remember that ALL names, company names, and logos must be removed from the entry, including the collateral pieces.
- The entry does not include more than the allowed collateral pieces.
- Payment must be submitted online.
- Click here to submit payment