The ILEA Denver Excellence Awards are a mark of excellence that you can show your clients. Winners stand out from amongst their competition. Awards are a testament to the quality and innovation that you bring to your events. And once you’ve prepared for an IDEA, you are ready to submit for other ILEA awards like the Esprit.
Get the Form to Enter now: ILEADenverExcellenceAwards2013Form
Programs submitted for the 2013 ILEA Denver Excellence Awards must have occurred between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
Only ILEA Denver Members in good standing as of May 3, 2013 are eligible to submit for the ILEA Denver Excellence Awards. The winners of any category are based on merit as determined by the judges and are not based on the number of entries received in that category.
Deadline: Friday, May 3, 2013
Start early! Below are some steps and suggestions to think about when preparing your entries.
□ Identify the programs you feel are award worthy.
□ Begin the written description as early as possible.
- Plan out a timeline – example: answer one section a day; it’ll help make completing the entry less daunting.
- Give yourself extra time – don’t wait until the last minute!
□ Be concise with your descriptions and be sure it will make sense to someone who didn’t work on the event (i.e. the event professional who will judge your entry).
□ Collect support materials throughout the process. These materials may include:
- Include overall shots and detail shots. Focus in on the elements you plan to highlight in your entry. Your photographs should tell the story of your event!
- Floor Plans
- Printed Collateral
□ Find something that sets you apart – what makes your event special and note-worthy?
- What were the unique challenges?
- Don’t say your challenge was just a small budget unless you can give a great description of how the budget was unreasonable and how you overcame that.
- Don’t say that your objective was to create an “unforgettable” event. That’s too general; everyone says that!
□ Follow the rules to avoid disqualification
- Be careful to remove client and vendor names/logos from your entry. Be sure to check your photos and productions schedules
- Do not combine multiple photos into one image. Do not embed excess photos in your write-up. Stay within the limits for collateral material.
□ Review your entry before submitting
- Spell check!
- Proofread multiple times.
- Have a colleague read for feedback and a fresh set of eyes.
Submit your payment to ILEA Denver 7010 Broadway, Suite 320, Denver, CO 80221 by May 3, 2013.
Email your entry to email@example.com (If your file size is too large to email, you may use a service like YouSendIt.com) by May 3, 2013.
If you have questions, email Gregg Tobo: firstname.lastname@example.org